[c-nsp] remote cisco 7301 RAM upgrade

Joe Abley jabley at isc.org
Fri Sep 30 12:51:39 EDT 2005

There's a remote c7301 of my acquaintance which has 256MB of RAM; I
need to upgrade that to at least 512MB.

I read that the 7301 has two slots for RAM. However, I can't tell
whether the router in question has 1 x 256MB stick in it right now
(in which case I just need an additional 256MB stick) or whether it
has 2 x 128MB in it (in which case I need 1 x 512MB, or 2 x 256MB
sticks).

Is there some way to tell from a running router whether both RAM
slots are occupied? I was hoping "show c7301" would show me
something, but apparently not.

Joe