[c-nsp] mpls-te - dynamic latency?

Oliver Boehmer (oboehmer) oboehmer at cisco.com
Tue Apr 4 12:46:37 EDT 2006

christian.macnevin at uk.bnpparibas.com <> wrote on Tuesday, April 04, 2006
5:16 PM:

> Hi folks,
>
> We're just looking into mpls-te to ensure low latency paths are taken
> by the relevant traffic in our network,
> We have an mpls core (sorry, I always have to make this disclaimer,
> 99% of people don't believe that any
> financial would ever see the point) and will most likely be
> transitioning to is-is to make it happen.
>
> Has anyone had any experience with doing this? I'm looking to use
> DS-TE and I'd really prefer to keep the
> tunnel building dynamic and avoid building hundreds of explicit
> tunnels.
> I'm guessing this might require weighting path selection for low and
high
> latency paths based on igp tagging.

suggesting some TE design is difficult without knowing the topology, but
I'd look at affinity/attribute flags (mpls traffic-eng attribute-flags
xxxx) and then use appropriate "tunnel mpls traffic-eng affinity" on the
tunnel to tell CSPF to dynamically find a path crossing only the
"colored" links. Then you can use PBR to direct your voice traffic
towards the tunnel.

I don't think you need ISIS for this to work, OSPF should work just as
well.

Not sure if you need DS-TE for this job..

	oli