[c-nsp] Interface tracking with VLANs

Kevin Graham mahargk at gmail.com
Thu Apr 20 01:35:56 EDT 2006

On 4/19/06, John Ferlito <johnf at bulletproof.net> wrote:

> interface failure would be fine but I can't get the vlan interface on
> the 3560 to track the phsical interface.

Any reason you're running this on an SVI and not just 'no
switchport'ing the interface to the QOS box? If for some reason you
must use the SVI, trim that VLAN from your trunk ports -- see:

> My last resort is to run an OSPF daemon on the QoS box but I'm trying
> to avoid that.

This would seem to be the cleanest approach, particurally since you
could get the topology you want implicitly through adjusting interface
costs.