[c-nsp] Strange error with a PA-CT3 4/T1 card

Michael K. Smith mksmith at adhost.com
Wed Aug 9 11:54:48 EDT 2006

On 8/9/06 8:38 AM, "Ted Mittelstaedt" <tedm at toybox.placo.com> wrote:

> Michael,
>
>   This is a masterful explanation that doesen't tell anyone anything that
> they
> don't already know.  You ought to be in politics.

And you should be a diplomat.

>   Perhaps the Cisco documentation is a giant lie about this working in a
> 7206 and not a single one of these cards ever manufactured had a Mx
> hardware version higher than 2.  Perhaps Cisco dropped support for
> this card in a certain rev of IOS and an older one works.

You've been hanging out on the Grassy Knoll sites again.

>   Of course, this is a used card.  It's been out of production for years.
> Do you suppose this Mx hardware version is printed somewhere on the
> card?

Given that I often purchase used gear, I ask for information about the card
I'm going to purchase from the vendor.  Any vendor worth his salt will be
able to do a sho controller on the card for sale and tell you the revision
number.  Caveat Emptor.

>   If you really know anything about this card please post.

Seems like we've had a nice tit for tat.  Back to our regularly scheduled
technical discussions.

Regards,

Mike