[c-nsp] OSM POS Latency

kevin gannon kevin at gannons.net
Thu Aug 17 11:52:12 EDT 2006

We are running OSM-2OC12-POS-SI 's in 7600's on 121-26.E7.
We notice that some links run with a end to end latency of 4ms
while on the same box another link will have a latency of 1ms.

The two links have similar traffic levels and the distance of the links
is 40km vs 65km so the circuit length should not affect by this much
at least the latency.

I have compared the configs and nothing seems different. Running out
of ideas of what the issue might be. I have checked the following:

1. CPU <1%
2. Traffic levels equal on both links
3. No CEF funnies a "sh ip cef exact-route <pos end A> <pos end B> "
   shows the traffic pointing out the correct interface. Traceroute also
shows
   expected 1 hop path.
4. No SDH errors seen on the "sh controller" during the problem.
5. The links run over DWDM so changed them to clock internal both
    ends to ensure no clock slipage.

Any ideas ?

Thanks
Kevin