[c-nsp] EOS/EOL for the 7500 platform

John.Herbert at ins.com John.Herbert at ins.com
Fri Dec 15 16:22:48 EST 2006

I gather from what my Cisco rep was telling me recently that (as Jared
indicates) the difference is - and will be - in the software. The BU
that owns the 7600 code is planning to head in a somewhat different
direction (i.e. SP focus) than the 6500 (more Enterprise focused). I'm
told that 7600 software will not run on 6500, and vice versa.

And yes, about time the 7500 took a jump. ;-)

John.