[c-nsp] EOS/EOL for the 7500 platform

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Fri Dec 15 17:17:54 EST 2006

Hi,

On Fri, Dec 15, 2006 at 03:22:48PM -0600, John.Herbert at ins.com wrote:
> I'm told that 7600 software will not run on 6500, and vice versa.

If that's true, the most important thing would be to know which sorts
of blades are going to be supported by what software...

I *really* do not want to wake up finding half of the stuff inside
a chassis being supported by one IOS train, and the other half by
a different train.  Especially since "we are not going to support this
type of module any longer" seems to happen much more quickly on this
platform (these platforms?) than on other platforms.

Well, it all comes down to "do I trust my vendor?" - and my answer is
a clear "no" if it comes to "do I care if our customers feel screwed? we
already go their money!" decisions inside Cisco.

gert

                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert at net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de