[c-nsp] Bad Flash?

David Coulson david at davidcoulson.net
Thu Feb 23 20:15:34 EST 2006

I moved a working 16mb linear flash card from an old 3640 into a 7206 w/
  IO-FE today, and it flat out refused to do anything with it. I can't
even format it. I know that a card which is formated for a 3600 won't be
read on a 7200, but why can't I even reformat it on the 7200?

16384K bytes of Flash PCMCIA card at slot 0 (Sector size 128K).
125824K bytes of ATA PCMCIA card at slot 1 (Sector size 512 bytes).
4096K bytes of Flash internal SIMM (Sector size 256K).
Configuration register is 0x102

core-ar2#show slot0:
Open device slot0 failed (Bad device info block)
core-ar2#format slot0
Format operation may take a while. Continue? [confirm]
Format operation will destroy all data in "slot0:".  Continue? [confirm]
Enter volume ID (up to 64 chars)[default slot0]:

%Error formatting slot0 (Bad sector not allowed in region)

David