[c-nsp] Slightly OT: Core routers used by American (and EMEA) SP's

Merlin Gillespie merlin at uk.clara.net
Mon Jan 9 07:09:42 EST 2006

If by large ISPs they mean the carriers, then they are correct, although
totally ambiguous. In the same way as Juniper routers may exist in the
carrier core so do cisco and various other vendors.
For cold hard numbers you'll only ever get a rough finger in the air figure.
There are large ISPs that only use juniper in the same way that there
are providers that only use whoever else.

Ask for specifics.
Vendor market penetration figures are invariably bull.