[c-nsp] traffic shaping inbound wan?

Oliver Boehmer (oboehmer) oboehmer at cisco.com
Fri Jan 13 02:39:17 EST 2006

Luan,

being able to apply a service-policy inbound on an Interface doesn't
mean that your are able to do any queuing/shaping inbound. This is what
IOS tells you when you want to apply the specific policy-map: "CBWFQ :
Can be enabled as an output feature only".
You can apply a policy-map inbound which does marking and/or policing,
but once IOS sees anything which requires queuing in it ("bandwidth",
"shape", "priority", etc.), it refuses to apply the policy.

As Linn has already said: Once the packet has been received on an
interface, we cannot queue it as there are no suitable queues on input.
It just doesn't make sense.

	oli