[c-nsp] IPv6 CEF problem on RSP/12.4(3a)

Joe Abley jabley at isc.org
Fri Jan 13 11:50:31 EST 2006

Hi all,

I have IPv6 CEF enabled on a 7500/RSP4 running 12.4(3a). I am seeing
packets with destinations covered by multiple equal-cost routes
switched per-packet rather than per-flow.

There is nothing logged to suggest that there are CEF issues. The
router has plenty of minimally-fragmented, available memory.

If anybody has already worked through similar issues mainline 12.4
images on the 7500/RSP platform and has found a workaround (or even a
bug id that seems to correspond) I'd be interested in hearing the
details.

Joe