[c-nsp] Layer2 transport

Kevin Scheunemann kevin at honeycomb.net
Fri Jan 13 13:13:33 EST 2006

I have two 6505's with a 150mb metro ethernet GIGE connection between
them.
one 6500 has a sup720 with a PFC3A (6500-1) and the other has a sup720
with PFC3BXL (6500-2), Both running IOS
Both 6500's are used as layer3 (IP on the interface) BGP routers, 6500-2
is also being used as a layer2 vlan switch.
What is the best way of connecting a vlan on 6500-2 to an interface or
802.1q trunk to the other vlan/network on 6500-1?

I tried configuring the metro ethernet link as an 802.1q trunk, and
converted the interface ips to a vlan interface,
I had periods of time when packets wher'nt getting across the link.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks,
Kevin
Honeycomb Internet Services