[c-nsp] Recommended IOS for 6509 MSFC2 - MPLS, v6

Justin M. Streiner streiner at cluebyfour.org
Thu Jan 19 16:16:00 EST 2006

On Thu, 19 Jan 2006, Paul Stewart wrote:

> That's kind of concerning if you ask me.... So is Sup2 support dead?  I
> was reading the previous thread and am kind of concerned as we're
> completely Sup2 based and don't need the horsepower of the Sup720 at
> this point... There's no EOL posted or anything, and would hope that
> their lifespan is going to be for quite some time...

I haven't seen any EOS field notices for the 6500/sup2.  Even so, from the
day it does finally go EOS, the module will in all likelihood continue to
be supported for five years according to Cisco's EOL policy.  Engineering
support will normally go for three years, after which the only support
would be for security/bug fixes on existing code revisions.

Cisco's EOL policy is here:
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/products_end-of-life_policy.html

jms