[c-nsp] Bandwidth Point Calculation with NPE-G!

Justin M. Streiner streiner at cluebyfour.org
Tue Jan 24 10:45:06 EST 2006

On Tue, 24 Jan 2006, Prit Patel wrote:

> i have total 4 nos of PA-2FE-TX in slot 1,3 nd slot 2,6 respectively.
> But i just want to understand will it harm the router by any way in future
> or i can ignore the message of BW point exceed and continue ?

You may be able to continue, ignoring the messages from the router.  My
previous warnings about getting into a tough spot with Cisco's TAC if you
ever need support or future IOS versions disabling some interfaces/cards
to get a PCI bus back under the 600 point limit are still valid.  YMMV.

In the long run, you should consider upgrading to a router/switch
platform that can fully support your interface and bandwidth needs.

jms