[c-nsp] Buying IP transit at IX?

Vincent De Keyzer vincent at dekeyzer.net
Fri Jan 27 08:00:53 EST 2006

Thanks to all who replied, and sorry for being slightly off-topic (although
the high number of replies, including off-list, tend to show that even if
it's OT, many people have an interesting opinion about it).

To summarize for the record (including off-list replies): there is nothing
fundamentally wrong about it, but you should keep in mind that
1) this might not be authorised by the IX operator (it luckily is in my
case)
2) SLA enforcement is difficult as the transit provider does not control the
IX infrastructure, so you'd better buy a cross-connect cable, which could be
cheap (of course, this won't work on a distributed IX, which is my case).

Thanks again,

Vincent