[c-nsp] Best Router for 3-6 gigabit ethernet interface routing?

Chris Serafin chris at chrisserafin.com
Fri Jul 7 21:08:25 EDT 2006

> As long as you're not doing anything too fancy on the routing front,
> the 3750's are a good solution for this. Given that the ports are
> slightly oversubscribed on some models (as I understand it) just make
> sure your devices aren't in the same group of four ports and you
> should be fine...

Why the same group of 4 ports? i don't understand, could this be 4 ports
per ASIC?

I'm thinking with them stacked with the multi gigabit backbone and
static routes for the 6 networks [VLANs]  and ACLs betweens them when
needed.

Thanks for your initial response.

Chris Serafin
IT Security / Cisco  VoIP Engineer