[c-nsp] Best Router for 3-6 gigabit ethernet interface routing?

David J. Hughes bambi at Hughes.com.au
Fri Jul 7 22:39:37 EDT 2006

On 08/07/2006, at 10:12 AM, Brett Looney wrote:
> As long as you're not doing anything too fancy on the routing front,
> the 3750's are a good solution for this. Given that the ports are
> slightly oversubscribed on some models (as I understand it) just make
> sure your devices aren't in the same group of four ports and you
> should be fine...

Hi Brett,

My understanding was that the only oversubscription in 3750's was on 48
port models which still use a 32 gbps backplane (and stacking ring).
Other than that they can drive all ports at line speed from what I've
been told.  We haven't pushed ours anywhere near that hard to date and
I haven't tried this in the lab so I have no personal data on it.

David