[c-nsp] Cat 6500 - now specced !

Robert Blayzor rblayzor at inoc.net
Sun Jul 9 10:00:30 EDT 2006

Phil Mayers wrote:
> The 8x1Gig ports on the sup32 are I believe connected to the 32Gbps bus
> via their shared ASIC/controller just like ports on a 6148A would be. A
> very very interesting question here is whether that controller is a
> "stub" controller limiting the throughput like the 6148 or not.

All of the on-board Sup32 Gig-E ports can run full rate. (all nine of
them I believe).  If you have a redundant Sup32 setup, you have a total
of 18 Gig-E ports, but then you'd be slightly oversubscribed on the bus.

--
Robert Blayzor, BOFH
INOC, LLC

Beware of programmers who carry screwdrivers.  - Leonard Brandwein