[c-nsp] 122-28.SB on 7304 (was: 7206)

Saku Ytti saku+cisco-nsp at ytti.fi
Fri Jun 2 05:36:33 EDT 2006

On (2006-06-02 09:07 +0200), Per Carlson wrote:

> We gave SB1 a go on a 7304/NSE100 in our lab, but that wasn't any
> pleasure. The TACACS+ implementation didn't work properly, so we
> had to resolve back to 20S8. Login were ok, but when trying to
> enter exec-mode, the 7304 only sent the first two letters of the
> enable password to the TACACS-server. Of course, this is perfectly
> fine if you just have a two letter password, but we didn't :)

Weird, we even restrict some dangerous and easy to do mistakes
in tacacs (like no router isis:), and nothing has broken
since 12.2(28)SB1 for us.
So we use tacacs for all of the triple A's, and no problems
what so ever. Can't tell for others, but my password is
bit longer than two character :>.

--
  ++ytti