[c-nsp] WCCP Layer 2 redirection on 7206 does not work

Dean Albano dean.albano at 121media.com
Fri Jun 2 11:15:58 EDT 2006

We are trying to use WCCPv2 on a 7206 (IOS 12.2-18-S7) with Layer 2
redirection.  The Squid proxy is directly attached to fa2/0.  When we
configure Squid to use L2 forwarding (via squid.conf
wccp2_forwarding_method 2), the router sends removal query packet to
Squid.  The squid cache log reveals that the router does not support
the L2 forwarding method.  I was under the impression that the 7206
with WCCPv2 supported L2 redirection as long as the cache was
directly attached via layer 2.  This does not seem to be the case.
Can anyone explain why?

Regards,

Dean J. Albano
Network Integration Consultant