[c-nsp] Traffic stops when enabling dcef

Kris Amy kamy at in.com.au
Thu Jun 8 04:11:13 EDT 2006

Hi Folks,

I've been asked to look at a 7500 that's RSP is maxing out. I've learnt that
it's not running dcef which is causing quite a problem. The setup is just a
single connection to a switch and everything vlan'ed.

When I enable it (ip cef distributed & ip route-cache distributed) all
traffic stops passing through it. I can ping from the router to a host, but
not from one side to the other. The version of IOS is ancient 12.0(5)XE5.
Just wondering if anyone knew of any bugs as that might be causing this?

I shouldn't be needing ip route-cache same-interface should I?

Cheers,
Kris