[c-nsp] L2TP tunnel for BGP peering

Kanagaraj Krishna kanagaraj at aims.com.my
Sun Jun 25 22:50:10 EDT 2006

Rob,
        The things you mentioned makes sense and true(redundant payment, no
diversity etc). We wanted better connectivity to America and Europe at a
cheaper price and thats what mooted this suggestion. Previously we had a bad
experience with our direct connection to MCI-Asia (AS703), its path  was not
as much prefered as MCI-US (AS701) resulting in low utilization of the link
compared to the high cost paid. A L2TP tunnel would give us an opportunity
to be directly connected to AS701 in US(just an example) at fraction of the
cost. Comments?   Have you seen similar L2TP scenarios/setup  in the ISP
industry?

Regards,
Kana