[c-nsp] DSL PPPoE Static IP via RADIUS

Oliver Boehmer (oboehmer) oboehmer at cisco.com
Wed Mar 8 11:39:42 EST 2006

Jeremiah Millay <> wrote on Wednesday, March 08, 2006 5:26 PM:

> I really appreciate the help I received the other day regarding
> setting up static IPs. Now heres another interesting problem, say I
> want to be able to push a different gateway IP address to a DSL
> customer via RADIUS.

What is a gateway address on a point-to-point PPPoE connection?  ;-)

> Heres the way I've been trying it:
>
> test at domain.net  User-Password == "somepass"
>         Auth-Type = System,
>         Service-Type = Framed-User,
>         Framed-Protocol = PPP,
>         Framed-MTU = 1492,
>         Framed-Address = X.X.33.2,
>         Framed-Netmask = 255.255.255.248,
>         Framed-Route = "0.0.0.0/0 X.X.33.1 1"
>
> Anyone else out there tried to do something similar? Its seems like
> this would be the way to do it doesn't show up with the gateway I
> want.

You need to set-up policy-routing on this virtual-access interface (via
Cisco-avpair="lcp:interface-config=ip policy route-map FOO" and an
appropriate route-map FFO locally configured), or use a VRF setup. The
framed-route is installed in the routing table, and is as such used by
all traffic going through the box.

	oli