[c-nsp] PoS + Giga interfaces on 7600

Saku Ytti saku+cisco-nsp at ytti.fi
Tue Mar 21 07:55:57 EST 2006

On (2006-03-21 14:45 +0200), Kim Onnel wrote:

> 7609 terminating transit internet links from upstream, over PoS and GigE
> ports on the Sup720 and Flexwan, i got a GigE module (WS-X6724-SFP), its now
> inserted
>
> I want to move the Giga interfaces from the Sup720 to this module, i'll
> configure VLANs and of course do BGP peering over these interfaces, i'll
> also have the downlink to all the network from the card.
>
> Its fabric-enabled, so it will use the Switch Fabric of the Sup720.
>
> I would like to know what you guys think about this, when i move them all on
> the Gig module, one thing i will gain is being able to have Full RTR backup
> between the two Sup720 modules, if there is any limitation i should worry
> about or better solution, please notify me.

 Moving from SUP720 GE interface to WS-X6724-SFP? There is slight
difference in how they handle QoS but nothing major. Also WS-X6724-SFP
has 'only' single 20G channel to the fabric so overbooking is possible.
 Naturally you can't 'preconfigure' the subinterfaces in WS-X6724-SFP
if you intend to use same VLANs, other than that, can't think
of any issues.

--
  ++ytti