[c-nsp] Traffic Engineering Internet links automatically

Kim Onnel karim.adel at gmail.com
Mon Mar 27 08:09:11 EST 2006

I am sure someone has been in my place before and there is something that
can be done on this matter, i'll try to explain again in more details, maybe
i missed something, i hope i can get suggestions on Best practices for this

upstream \
upstream ---- multiple links ----- GW-INTERNET---
upstream /

the multiple links are all terminated on our side at 1 router (GW-INTERNET)
and the upstream isnt 1 router, but same AS

Lets say i have 3 PoS and 2 Giga

My manager wakes up each day, checks MRTG, finds that the Giga has some room
and that PoS is full, so he tells me to move some networks around to achieve
this, as Gert said above, it is time consuming, specially when moving 1 /24
doesnt do it and half of my day is spent in excel sheets and updating
everyone ?

What is the correct thing to be done here ?