[c-nsp] 12.2(18)SXF3 vs. 12.1E

Joe Maimon jmaimon at ttec.com
Mon Mar 27 23:14:51 EST 2006

linear flash sucks and is expensive and small and slow and required for
use on old bootroms that cant read ata. "sqeeze" after delete
requirements come to mind as well.

ata flash, cheap, fast, large and supported on most modern
bootroms/platforms/running image

So yes, wherever you can, use ata flash. Largest one the router appears
to support, based on REAL WORLD experience (dont believe the specs, its
oftentimes higher)

Save linear flash for where you need it, like boot helper images for
rsp's, 1600, 3620 routers so on so forth.