[c-nsp] NPE-G1 throughput, with and without L2TP

Lasher, Donn DLasher at newedgenetworks.com
Fri May 5 13:23:17 EDT 2006

Yes. Single CF is not only annoying but costly. On a deployed network of
G1's (previous job), we've had several CF cards corrupt, which then fail
to boot the router, which of course you find out at the WRONG time. In
deploying the NPE-x00's, we always deployed 2xPCM cards with duplicate
images to avoid that very issue.

Bad move on Cisco's part. Sad to see it repeated in the G2.