[c-nsp] layer2 tunneling

Zoltan HERPAI wigyori at uid0.hu
Tue Nov 7 09:35:53 EST 2006

Dear All,

I would like to link up a remote site on layer 2 with a SOHO91 or a 17xx
on-site. First thing I looked at was L2TP (vpdn), but after reading
through the docs, it seems to me that it is used for hooking up dial-up
users into a router somewhere else. I would like to do ethernet bridging
only (like bridging an ethernet port into this tunnel at the remote
site, and bridging the other end into an other ethernet port at a
central point) without the hassle with PPP/LCP settings, and so on.
Can anyone shed some light on that a.) could vpdn be configured without
having to play around PPP/LCP stuff, b.) is there an easier way to do
this layer2 tunneling?

Regards,
Zoltan HERPAI