[c-nsp] Examples of ipv4 over ipv6 on s GSR...

Aaron Daubman daubman at gmail.com
Mon Nov 27 15:50:07 EST 2006

Greetings all,

I'm looking for some basic configurations of 4to6, where a GSR based
backbone is running ospf v3 using only IPv6 between the GSR backbone
nodes and some edge routers have ipv4-only hosts connecting to them
and the ipv4 traffic needs to be routed across the ipv6-only backbone.

A simple picture would be:

[host](gi)--ipv4--(gi)[GSR](pos)--ipv6--(pos)[GSR](gi)--ipv4--(gi)[host]

Also, if anybody has examples of the same setup between a cisco GSR
and a Juniper M320 that would prove useful.

Looking at the following site, it seems the given configs are all for
routing v6 over a v4 backbone:
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/ps6441/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a00801d6604.html#wp1027265

Also, does anybody have further info on the warning given for routing
IPv6 tunneled packets on the GSR?  (I've already run into issues with
my OC-48 LCs not handling v6 in hardware)...  The platform is a
GSR12410 PRP2 with 2x ISE OC-48 LCs and 1x modular GigE card.

Thanks,
     ~Aaron