[c-nsp] WCCP and SQUID fragmented packets

Reuben Farrelly reuben-cisco-nsp at reub.net
Sun Oct 1 19:14:59 EDT 2006

Using Linux 2.6 -mm releases (usually) and with Squid-2.6 (latest) and IOS
(latest 12.4).  Known to work...

In terms of IOS, I have had absolutely no luck getting late 12.3T/12.4 releases
to work with either WCCPv1 or WCCPv2 in the last year or so, APART from 12.4(10)
which is the latest 12.4 mainline release - the one that Adrian also had work.
Obviously some important WCCP fixes went in.  Before it was out, I'd opened up
two TAC cases and spent about 12 months with a 100% reproduceable test case and
simple IOS config but got nowhere with getting it fixed, so gave up trying.

Note that at this time, IP/FW inspection and WCCP on the same router is not
going to work due to the router incorrectly inspecting inbound WCCP redirected
traffic (see CSCse55959).  However you've not mentioned anything about IP
firewalling or inspect so I guess that won't be your problem.

The only previous release which was not broken in any way I could detect, was
12.3(7)Tx.  You may also find some joy in 12.4(9)T1.  I wouldn't even bother
trying any other 12.4 releases other than those two, although if any newer ones
come out soon they will likely be OK as well.

Have you looked through http://wiki.squid-cache.org/SquidFaq/InterceptionProxy ?

Reuben