[c-nsp] My Tech Support nuisance

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Thu Oct 26 03:11:24 EDT 2006

Hi,

On Thu, Oct 26, 2006 at 12:43:31AM +0200, Asbjorn Hojmark - Lists wrote:
> Another of the extremely annoying 'feature' is the forced pop-
> ups. If the user wants a pop-up (or a new tab!), why not let the
> user indicate so by using Shift-Click / Ctrl+Click? To make
> things even worse, those pop-ups are often on pages, which
> contain nothing much but the link to open a pop-up.[1]

Ah, but that's the SCC.  *This* is certainly meant to drive users away
- after all, after you've paid for the packaged smartnet, there is no
gain for Cisco if you can actually *register* it...

If there's a single thing on CCO I hate most, it's the contract center.

> They've also limited the number of concurrent downloads, so you
> can't grab say four different images for four different platforms
> at the same time (think PSIRTs).

Hooray.

(Don't forget that you have to declare your being a non-terrorist every
time again...)

gert
                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert at net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de