[c-nsp] Per-VRF Router-ID on Sup720 ?

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Wed Sep 6 14:10:28 EDT 2006

Hi,

On Wed, Sep 06, 2006 at 02:00:02PM -0400, Jared Mauch wrote:
> > "We have all these cool redundancy-and-fast-failover-thingies, who cares
> > about uptime?".
>
> 	That's the things that sometimes gets me.  eg: warm reload.
> Sure, if I have a dual processor environment it may not be as needed,
> right?
>
> 	it's being somewhat shortsighted, perhaps if i'm running a single
> processor, it'd be of valuable.

Actually, I don't *want* to reload that box, no matter how fast...

(But then, "warm reload" would be extremely useful on SXF, as this
really takes ages to reload.  If it would for work upgrades as well,
as we really only reload to try new versions that supposedly fix our
memory leak problems...)

> 	it's a whole engineering vs operations vision that is sometimes
> disconnected.  i attempt to help when possible, but it feels futile.

I know that feeling... being located in Europe, and working for a small
ISP doesn't help, as official Cisco channels are just not listening.

gert

                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert at net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de