[c-nsp] Catalyst 4500 & Sup II+ - OSPF/MPLS?

Garry gkg at gmx.de
Thu Sep 7 00:05:31 EDT 2006

Hi,

we are planning on doing some upgrades, replacing some switches and
stuff ... also will be getting a new dark fiber between two locations
(which will replace an STM1 between two routers). We were getting a 4503
and a 4506 for the two locations ... does the Sup II+ engine (which is
kinda nice with the 8x SFP) support OSPF and MPLS VRF routing (implies
BGP) with the appropriate IOS? Or do we have to go with one of the
bigger Sup engines plus a fiber card?

Tnx, -gg