[c-nsp] GSR Error - Power

Hank Nussbacher hank at efes.iucc.ac.il
Fri Sep 22 09:53:08 EDT 2006

On Fri, 22 Sep 2006, Paul Stewart wrote:

Just be happy that you are at least getting error messages.  It could be
worse, far worse:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/hw/gatecont/ps821/products_field_notice09186a008073e19e.shtml

"In the one known instance of mis-wiring, a reversal of the "live" and
"ground" conductors in the appliance plug of the power cord set was found.
If a mis-wired power cord set is connected to the power source, the
chassis can become "live". Any contact with the chassis after it is
connected to the power source could result in an electric shock."

Fortunately no routers were damaged in this made for TV movie.

:-)

Regards,
Hank Nussbacher
http://www.interall.co.il