[c-nsp] Hybrid to Native IOS Conversion Issue

Blake Willis cnsp at 2112.net
Fri Sep 22 11:21:54 EDT 2006

Jason LeBlanc wrote:

> I forgot to mention, the hardware I'm working with is Sup1A/MSFC(1) with
> 64MB Flash PCMCIA cards.  Obviously the internal flash is not large enough
> for the more recent IOS images, hence the problem of the RP using the SP
> slot0.

Hi Jason,

 	64m cards are not officialy supported by the sup1a.  I suggest that
you try to do the conversion with a supported card (20m or so) and an older,
smaller IOS, and then upgrade the IOS to what you want to use once the
upgrade is finished and you can try to format the 64m card under native IOS
and try to copy & verify the image onto it to see if it works (worst case
you just put the small card back in and boot from that).  All the "ps"
images I've seen for c6sup11 (including recent ones) are under 16m...

 	BTW it's obvious from the docs but it bears repeating anyway:  do
not leave the MSFC1 without a working bootloader image in bootflash under
any circumstances.

  -Blake