[c-nsp] 6506 reporting incorrect vlan traffic stats via SNMP.

Stephen Fulton cisco-nsp at lists.esoteric.ca
Fri Sep 22 21:16:35 EDT 2006

Hi all,

One of our 6506's running IOS 12.2(18)SXF4 is not reporting correct
inbound/outbound traffic statistics per vlan via SNMP.  I have set two
graphing packages (Cacti & RTG) polling the vlan interfaces ever 30
seconds, and the correct traffic is simply not being reported.  For
example, a vlan that typically has 5mbps inbound consistentally is only
reporting 40kbps.

As best I can tell our configuration on this particular 6506 is pretty
standard, but if there is something particular that you need to see,
I'll cut and paste it in a follow-up message.

Thanks,

-- Stephen.