[c-nsp] 7600 IOS Version choice ....

Gordon Bezzina gordon.bezzina at bell.net.mt
Thu Apr 12 03:05:38 EDT 2007

Hello,

It seems I need some advise. As you remember some months ago I mention to
you the intention of moving
Up from the 7500 to the 7600. I am now happy to tell you that I have a 7600
+ SUP720-3BXL standing besides
My desk. I now need some advise on choosing the right IOS.

I was thinking to either use the SXF or the SRA3, but I am not sure what are
they geared towards. I know that they have
Different features and it is obvious that the SRA3 has a richer feature set.
But is the SX destined to die and be
Replaced with the SRA3 and lately the SRB.

I would appreciate if someone would shed some light.

Finally my needs are standard needs of an ISP with the 7600 being the Edge
router, and doing BGP, QOS, HSRP etc., so really
>From the extra feature of the SRA I would only miss the multiple netflow
export destinations. But then again those are current needs
And if I can avoid an unnecessary upgrade a year down the line, it would be
better.

Thanks in advance
Regards
Gordon