[c-nsp] Circuit provisioning between an ONS 15454 and anon-Cisco NE?

Michael K. Smith - Adhost mksmith at adhost.com
Fri Apr 13 12:58:00 EDT 2007

Hello Aaron:

I think this just means you cannot auto-provision the circuit from end
to end.  So, you have to build the circuit from the ingress port to the
egress optical port and sts on the same chassis.  Then, you pick it up
the same way on the other side.

So, in this environment, you would have:

- Ingress Ethernet port
- STS-3 from ingress Ethernet port to egress OC-192 on STS x
- Non-cisco equipment has circuit built on ingress OC-192 on STS x
- Circuit is picked up on other side on ingress OC-192 on STS x
- STS-3 from ingress OC-192 is build to egress Ethernet port

I hope that helps.

Mike