[c-nsp] Circuit provisioning between an ONS 15454 and a non-Cisco NE?

Phil Bedard philxor at gmail.com
Fri Apr 13 13:12:20 EDT 2007

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/optical/ps2006/
products_installation_and_configuration_guide_chapter09186a008007d842.ht
ml#wp19251

If you go down to where you see G1000-4 manual crossconnect, I would
assume the procedure for the CE-1000
is very similar if not identical.    You basically create the
Ethernet circuit, but the destination is going
to be the same node and the slot is going to be a slot on the
originating chassis.

Phil

On Apr 13, 2007, at 11:38 AM, Aaron Daubman wrote:

> Phil,
>
>> If you do a search on "Ethernet Manual Cross-connects" you'll find
>> some information on manually connecting an Ethernet port to an
>> outgoing
>> STS circuit.
>
> Thanks for the tip.  Searching as you described seems to return
> results which all sum up to the following:
>
> """
> ONS 15454s require end-to-end CTC visibility between nodes for normal
> provisioning of Ethernet circuits. When other vendors' equipment sits
> between ONS 15454s, OSI/TARP-based equipment does not allow tunneling
> of the ONS 15454 TCP/IP-based DCC. To circumvent a lack of continuous
> DCC, the Ethernet circuit must be manually cross connected to an STS
> channel using the non-ONS network. Manual cross-connects allows an
> Ethernet circuit to run from ONS node to ONS node while utilizing the
> non-ONS network. (See  Figure 13-13.)
>
> Note In this chapter, "cross-connect" and "circuit" have the following
> meanings: Cross-connect refers to the connections that occur within a
> single ONS 15454 to allow a circuit to enter and exit an ONS 15454.
> Circuit refers to the series of connections from a traffic source
> (where traffic enters the ONS 15454 network) to the drop or
> destination (where traffic exits an ONS 15454 network).
> """
>
> This describes what I want to do (basically, even though there will
> not be an ONS on the other side of the circuit).  Unfortunately,
> however, I could not find any documentation on performing the manual
> cross-connect.
>
> Have you found this documented anywhere (we're using XC10Gs)?
>
> Thanks again,
>     ~Aaron

Phil Bedard
philxor at gmail.com