[c-nsp] Finding SNMP trap source via SNMP

Thu Dec 6 06:24:24 EST 2007

Hi,

I'm trying to come up with a system to better determine which is the
"management" address on a device. Some of our devices have multiple
loopbacks, some don't have loopbacks, so it's immediately easy to tell
how to do this.

It occurs to me that looking at the interfaces specified in the
trap-sources would reveal this. Is there a way to retrieve "snmp-server
trap-source xxx" via SNMP? (Preferabaly via just the R/O community, I
realise I could get the entire config and scub it).

Sam