[c-nsp] VRF-Lite Question

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Mon Feb 12 17:47:57 EST 2007

>> I can certainly vouch for running >350 heavyweight Cisco access
>> points being a tedious drain on resources.
>
> Shouldn't be.  We mange 1,500+ AP's the same way we mange thousands
> of switches and routers, Rancid.

Typing into the CLI and keeping a record of old configs is so far down
the list of my concerns I'd have to use scientific notation to assign it
a score. It's a solved problem.

The problems we face are largely radio and mobility issues (power,
coverage, channels, interference, roaming, location services).

Though frankly, even if the ONLY thing a lightweight solution did was
free me from the alternatives of 600 extra subnets / 9 massive layer2s
sprayed all around our core, I'd snap it up.