[c-nsp] Any issues with recent IOS rebuilds?

Joe Loiacono jloiacon at csc.com
Tue Feb 13 13:42:33 EST 2007

We upgraded from 12.1(13)E to 12.1(27)E on 6509s. Netflow exporting
diminished by 75%. We discovered that whereas before we were able to
configure all netflow via MLS commands exclusively, with the new version
we now had to use a mix of CatOS and IOS commands (in Hybrid mode).

Chris Woodfield <rekoil at semihuman.com>
Sent by: cisco-nsp-bounces at puck.nether.net
02/13/2007 01:01 PM

cisco-nsp at puck.nether.net
cc

Subject
[c-nsp] Any issues with recent IOS rebuilds?

Hi all,

With the release of the recent vulnerabilities that Cisco made public
a few weeks back, I'm sure a lot of folks (myself included) have been
lab-testing and rolling out rebuild images on their boxes to fix the
vulnerabilities. And, I'm sure, a few of us have run into some shiny
new bugs for their trouble as well.

Speaking for myself, I haven't encountered any issues with the
releases I'm working with right now, but if others have I'm sure
folks here would like to know about them, particularly if they don't
have bug IDs yet, and IMO the list would make a good informal
clearinghouse for any bugs that have cropped up.

So if you have run into something, feel free to reply either to the
list, or to me personally if you want your entry non-public, and I'll
compile a list of the reponses and put them into some sort of
digestible format - I'm thinking the cisco.cluepon.net wiki might be
a good place for this data as an alternative to the cisco-nsp
archives. Let me know what you think. Please send:

- platform, pre-upgrade IOS rev, new IOS rev bug was observed in
- description of bug
- Cisco bug ID if present

TIA for your help, and hopefully we'll have some good data out of
this exercise...

-Chris