[c-nsp] Routing Problem - MCI/GT/Level3 - Puzzled

Paul Stewart paul at paulstewart.org
Wed Feb 14 15:09:20 EST 2007

Thanks guys...

We just had a call with MCI on this issue and using one particular provider
proved that it's peering winning over transit with GT... I've also discussed
with GT about communities yesterday and they have no preference options that
we can send to them...  With this provider we can see our prepended routes
taking preference (higher local-pref) specifically because of peering...

Unfortunately our timeline to get this resolved has pretty much expired ...
we've going to have capacity issues shortly if we don't get another provider
in the mix to handle the traffic ...

Appreciate the input..;)

Paul