[c-nsp] sup720 protection on the 6500/7600

Saku Ytti saku+cisco-nsp at ytti.fi
Tue Feb 20 10:58:12 EST 2007

On (2007-02-19 18:14 -0800), Sukumar Subburayan wrote:
> Charles et al,
>
> We are investigating (as we speak), if this limitation is fixable in
> PFC3C. Will keep you all posted.

Excellent, I very much appreciate your efforts Sukumar.

While at it, any chance you could find out, if VPN-CAM can be populated
in PFC3C when 'class-default' is being used?
It would be very nice to know what exactly has been fixed in PFC3C,
Cisco doesn't seem to be very vocal about fixes.

Thank you,

> sukumar
>

> On Sun, 18 Feb 2007, Phil Mayers wrote:
>
> >> However, the bugID *does* suggest a way to avoid triggering this
> >> condition: "The symptom can be alleviated by avoiding generating
> >> packets to the RP (ie. this router)."
> >
> > Oh, that's just marvellous.
> >
> > I could almost live with this if it were just the receive limiter, which
> > is far less useful than CoPP. But there's no way to emulate the glean
> > limiter with CoPP, and if (as we are) you happen to be routing a lot of
> > subnets on the box, you might want to limit the possible damage of an
> > address-space sweep.
> >
> > Thanks for the pointer.
> >
> > "Cisco - Market Leader in giving you disappointing news!"
> >
> > :o(

  ++ytti