[c-nsp] Unusual L2TP error

Oliver Boehmer (oboehmer) oboehmer at cisco.com
Thu Jan 18 03:40:30 EST 2007

cisco-nsp-bounces at puck.nether.net <> wrote on Thursday, January 18, 2007
3:47 AM:

> Hi all,
>
> Has anyone ever seen the following reason for tunnel
> failures? Google and
> all my resources have come up with nothing so far.
>
> --
> Failure type: The remote server closed this session
> Failure reason: Result 1, Error 6, anchor interface down --
>
> It's the "anchor interface down" that I have not seen before,
> as I am used
> to "Locally generated disconnect", etc.
>
> Should I just be relying on the Failure reason codes, or does the
> description differ from situation to situation?

the failure code obviously depends on the failure, in this specific case
(at least according to what I've found) the session is disconnected from
the LAC, so you'd need to check there..
The failure text ("anchor interface down") comes from the LAC, and it
looks like this is not a Cisco IOS device, so can't tell what the
problem could be..

	oli