[c-nsp] Disconnecting single PPPoE links of MLPPP bundle?

Garry Glendown gkg at gmx.de
Fri Jan 19 16:50:00 EST 2007

Hi,

we are running MLPPP-connections to several customers. The DSL provider
does a forced disconnect on any connection after an uptime of 24h, which
we already force to occur at 3AM by using the Session-Timeout through
our Radius server.

While this is fine for single connections, we would prefer to disconnect
Multilink-connections one at a time, which would then lead to virtually
no downtime, as at least one connection would still be up at any time
... I first tried to set different session timeouts, but this feature is
used for the ML-bundle in total, not the single links. Therefore, I
reckon the only way I have is to manually disconnect the virtual
interfaces ...

Two problems/questions:

I've tried scanning the SNMP tables for the user names of all connected
virtual interfaces but can't seem to find any ... I would prefer not
running a telnet/show user to get the user table ... is there any way to
do this via SNMP?

Second: Can I send an SNMP command (via RW-community) to disconnect a
certain virtual interface?

Tnx, -gg