[c-nsp] Multiple PPPoE VPDN

David Coulson david at davidcoulson.net
Sun Jan 21 00:23:23 EST 2007

I have an existing LNS (7206 w/ NPE-300), which also has some direct
PPPoE & PPPoA connections (Good old Windstream pass us PPPoE right over
a PVC). Works great, everything is happy - Life is good.

I'm working on adding PPPoE support via a dot-1q interface for customers
connecting via Ethernet services. I'm hitting an issue where my PPPoE
sessions delivered via my Fast Ethernet interface use the same VPDN
group as those delivered via ATM. I'd like to be able to distingish
between these two, or at the very least have two virtual-templates
defined for each service.

My main problem is that the PPPoE sessions (or rather the virtual-access
interface) across the FastEthernet have this:

   MTU 1472 bytes, BW 768 Kbit, DLY 100000 usec,

I don't know if the 'BW' makes a difference, but we need to do better
than 768k on that interface. Great for DSL customers. For 10Meg Ethernet
customers, not so much.

Looks like I can't have multiple PPPoE VPDN groups, so is there
something within the VPDN group where I can look at the domain part of
the username (if it exists) and select a different template?

Am I missing something obvious, or do I need to rethink how I'm doing this?

David