[c-nsp] Regarding HSSI Loop back test

krishna at siticable.co.ug krishna at siticable.co.ug
Fri Jul 6 09:47:55 EDT 2007

Dear Gert,

I tried that too, Still i cant able to ping the interface from the console.

3825#sh run int hss 2/0
interface Hssi2/0
 ip address 83.229.2.82 255.255.255.252
 serial restart-delay 0
 no cdp enable
end

when i ping the interface i get this,

3825#ping 83.229.2.82

Type escape sequence to abort.
Sending 5, 100-byte ICMP Echos to 83.229.2.82, timeout is 2 seconds:
Success rate is 0 percent (0/5)

surpricingly the interface stats also looks fine.

Hssi2/0 is up, line protocol is up
  Hardware is M1T-HSSI-B
  Internet address is 83.229.2.82/30
  MTU 4470 bytes, BW 45045 Kbit, DLY 200 usec,
     reliability 143/255, txload 1/255, rxload 1/255
  Encapsulation HDLC, crc 16, loopback not set
  Keepalive set (10 sec)
  Restart-Delay is 0 secs
  Last input never, output 00:00:02, output hang never
  Input queue: 0/75/0/0 (size/max/drops/flushes); Total output drops: 11
  Queueing strategy: fifo
  Output queue: 0/40 (size/max)
     0 packets input, 0 bytes, 0 no buffer
              0 parity
     696594 input errors, 578459 CRC, 0 frame, 90706 overrun, 720 ignored,
27429
 abort
     843 packets output, 26332 bytes, 1 underruns
     0 output errors, 0 applique, 1359 interface resets

Any clues please.

Thanks

Kris.