[c-nsp] Filtering BGP routes with route-map vs. not getting them in the first place

Pete S. pshuleski at gmail.com
Mon Jul 9 23:06:49 EDT 2007

I'd say go with a mix of the two.   Request nay, demand aggregated
with a prefix-list, but also block all but the customers block, just
in case the customer started announcing something else.

Set a pre-determined minimum mask with them, if they even require it.
This gives you the safety of knowing you'll never get any unwanted
nets announced from them, and what they announce will be aggregated.
It also gives them the flexibility of load balancing across separate
blocks for inbound.

In most cases when I was receiving a full table from an ISP, they
still had filters which denied us announcing anything other then our
ip blocks, and had a pre-determined prefix minimum mask we
requested(for load balancing).

--Pete