[c-nsp] Disable some routing

Bernd Ueberbacher noc at mynet.at
Wed Jun 6 05:47:22 EDT 2007

Hi there!

I've got a bit of a strange question...
I have a small Cisco Router with some VLANs and a Catalyst behind. If I
connect one office to the switch in a seperate VLAN with an official IP
address, the person can reach everything, but in my case (or the general
case?) a bit too much. One VLAN on the switch and the Router is for
management, with 10.0.0.0/24, but as the router is doing what it is
supposed to do, he routes everything for this network, as the router
also has an IP in this network. A person in the office can now ping,
telnet, ... into my management network. If I remove the IP address from
the routers VLAN, the problem is "solved", but not the way I want it to
be solved *G*

I hope you understand my problem, because it's somehow hard to explain
and even harder to search for in google ;-)

Thanks and have a nice day,
Bernd